A Few Fun Facts:
* I am a descendant of Richard Stockton, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independance.
* In England, I obsessed over Vivien Leigh's reading of Peter Rabbit so much, my weary older brother "accidentally" broke the 78 rpm record. Here's a snippet, recorded by Vivien Leigh (aka: Scarlett O'Hara): Peter Rabbit
* I fell in the Thames River when I was two.
* I used to prop broomsticks across trash cans in our living room to make jumps so I could pretend to be a horse.
* My ancestors had an Underground Railroad safe house on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
* My mother was a concert pianist before she got married and had a passel of kids.
* As a teenager I rode my horse to the mall in Houston, TX, and tied her to a bush while I shopped.
* Almost every report card I ever got said, "Nanci could do so much better if she would only pay attention."
* I am on the Board of Directors of the Jackson Hole Writers Conference, which sounds important but really means I get to go to fun meetings and eat pizza.
* I can identify almost every flower, vine, bush, tree, or wild animal that grows or lives in the Bridger-Teton National Forest which is right outside my back door.
* I've had a wide variety of jobs from: florist; horse farm manager; snow shoveler; reading fairy; retail marketing manager; riding instructor; baby chicken caretaker; western wear store manager; stage manager; teen creative writing instructor; freelance writer for non-profits; dog sitter; author and Mom.
* The two jobs that make my heart swing sideways are the last two, author and Mom.
* Want to see some pictures of my horses? Click here: Horses I Have Loved